Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition Listening Tour
The Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (CCDC) is a statewide organization that advocates for the rights of people with all types of disabilities; their advocacy focuses primarily on state government programs, laws, and policies. CCDC is conducting a Listening Tour to hear from people with disabilities and/or Medicaid users about challenges they experience in our systems, particularly Medicaid. They’re visiting lots of communities across Colorado, including yours! If you have a disability of any kind and/or use Medicaid, please join them for a lively, productive conversation!
During this conversation, CCDC will ask you about:
- Top issues you see facing people with disabilities and any ideas you have for solutions;
- Your thoughts on our state Medicaid program – both the good and the bad – including your ideas on how to solve problems; and,
- The kinds of changes you want to see in Colorado’s systems, broadly speaking.
In turn, CCDC leaders will share:
- Recent changes in laws regarding disability and Medicaid, as well as changes coming in the next couple of years;
- The kinds of work they do at CCDC and how they accomplish their mission; and,
- How to fight for disability rights with CCDC’s dynamic community, if you’re interested.
Information CCDC gathers during these conversations will help inform their advocacy priorities for the coming year. They may share your perspectives anonymously with decision-makers at Medicaid, including mental healthcare. YOUR perspectives should influence how our systems and programs are run!
Details to participate →
- Registration is required by September 23rd to accommodate guests’ needs, including those for accessibility, dietary restrictions, and/or Spanish interpretation.
Si usted desea escuchar esta presentación en Español, por favor pida intérprete al llenar la forma de registro.
- When and where: Wednesday, September 27th, 11:00am-1:00pm, in Greeley at the The LINC Library Innovation Center, 501 8th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631 – and food will be provided!
- For questions, please contact CCDC’s Mona Vyas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-357-6430.