Veterans Independence Program

Assisting Veterans who need at-home assistance to remain independent

Connections has partnered with our sister CIL (Center for Independent Living), Center for People With Disabilities (CPWD) based out of Boulder, to participate in the Veterans Independence Program. CPWD is contracted through the Veterans Affairs. All interest is referred to CPWD and they’ll contact you for further instruction. 

Am I A Good Fit For VIP?

If the following sounds like you, you may be a good fit for the Veteran’s Independence Program:

  • I live on the Front Range of Colorado, northeastern Colorado, southern Wyoming, or western Nebraska.
  • My disability impacts my daily living activities.
  • I’m on VA medical benefits.
  • I’m a self-starter and value independence greatly.
  • I’m tired of others making choices for me and have the capacity to control my own care.
  • I want to stay home with family – and out of assisted living homes.
  • I’m willing to make an effort to live a more independent day-to-day life.
  • I might have a family member or service provider already in mind.

A Note for Authorized Representatives


The Veterans Independence Program is also accessible to eligible Veterans who don’t have the capacity to self-direct their care. In this case, the Veteran would designate someone as an Authorized Representative to act on their behalf and assist in the decision-making process. If you are an Authorized Representative for a Veteran and are interested in learning more about the VIP program, we’d love to hear from you. 


Note: The Authorized Representative is not a paid position and cannot be the same person as the paid caregiver